Smart Insights recently started a research asking its readers to give their opinion on the most important trends in 2017, asking them to choose the most important marketing activity that they think will give their business the biggest incremental uplift in leads and sales in 2017. After receiving 2,352 responses from marketers around the world, the results were:
- Big Data (including market and customer insight and predictive analytics)
- Content marketing Communities (Branded niche or vertical communities)
- Conversion rate optimisation (CRO)/ improving website experiences
- Display(Banners on publishers, ad networks social media including retargeting and programmatic)
- Internet of Things (IoT) marketing applications
- Marketing Automation(incl CRM, behavioural Email marketing and web personalisation)
- Mobile marketing (Mobile advertising, site development and apps)
- Paid search marketing, e.g. Google AdWords Pay Per Click
- Online PR (including influencer outreach)
- Partnerships (including affiliate and co-marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO or organic search)
- Social media marketing (including Social CRM and Social Customer Care)
- Wearables (e.g. Apple Watch, activity trackers, augmented reality)
More information on the report can be read here.
You can find out more here.